Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Andersen Peter Andersen is offline

Default Very hot hot zenerdiode in NAD T762

I have to NAD T762 on the table. Both with burned out (shorted) 5,1V
zenerdiodes (D718).

I have replaces them with a new 5W type instead of the original 2W.

But the diodes is getting extremely hot and I can't figure out if this is ok
(like the way it was designed). They are sitting directly in series with a
7812 from a 22V DC supply. The thought behind the design must bee to divide
the power loss between the zenerdiode and the 7812.

The amplifier is working, but I don't like those hot zeners!

Is there anybody out there that have worked on a NAD T762?

Peter