Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Courtney David Courtney is offline

Default What kind of fastener is this?

If you can get away with a simple "ring pin" then I have a whole load of
them with kind of bad plating that I'll give you... if you want them.
http://knobsource.thomasnet.com/cate...l?&plpver=1002

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Aug 29, 12:32 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
" wrote:

Years ago, I have seen a fastener that I cannot identify but would
like use on a project of mine. It looks like a pin about 1/4 to
3/8ths of an inch in diameter and about 2 to 3 inches long. There is
a small ball bearing on one end and a plunger on the other. When you
push the plunger, the ball bearing loosens up and and you can pull or
push the pin in. Can anybody identify this pin for me? Thanks

http://www.mcmaster.com/

"Quick release pin"

Thanks for your quick response.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Wowee, they are expensive.