Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill Joe AutoDrill is offline

Default What kind of fastener is this?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Years ago, I have seen a fastener that I cannot identify but would
like use on a project of mine. It looks like a pin about 1/4 to
3/8ths of an inch in diameter and about 2 to 3 inches long. There is
a small ball bearing on one end and a plunger on the other. When you
push the plunger, the ball bearing loosens up and and you can pull or
push the pin in. Can anybody identify this pin for me? Thanks

Might not be exactly what you are reffering to... But... Keychain fastener
is what I call it... Common on key chains made custom for giveaways at
large companies, amusement park souvenier stands, etc.

Here is a bad photo of one:

http://www.blackburn.edu/Store/admin...t_keychain.jpg

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.