Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JohnM JohnM is offline

Default OT - Ebay Problems - Accessing pages

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:51 pm, Ignoramus19259 ignoramus19...@NOSPAM.
19259.invalid wrote:
It is indeed very bad. My Linux laptop can connect to the internet
using cell phone as a modem, but using ebay with it is painfully slow
due to extreme bandwidth requirements, especially if I am in a moving
train.

I am sure that bandwidth use could be reduced by 80% with 5% reduction
in functionality.

I do use my own eBay starting pagehttp://ef.algebra.com/for fast access
(loads in a fraction of a second and has all searches on one page).

Thanks for responding guys...it is appreciated.

Ig..WHY do they so much stuff on their pages?

Over the last few days I have been doing some serious web surfing and
Ebay is by far the worst offender.

In my case, I am not spending as much money on Ebay as I would if I
could browse faster.

TMT

I've got a bunch of their stuff in my hosts file- ebayststic.com, that
sort of bull, and I've always had pretty fast loading pages. Watch what
loads and try putting some of the useless sounding stuff in hosts, see
if it helps.

John