Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JohnM JohnM is offline

Default Explosive gases

WoodButcher wrote:
According to my brother, he once knocked the flame off his torch
and then filled a balloon with the ox-acet mixture. He then taped
it to the shop door and pushed a lit cigarette into it. The explosion
knocked him across the shop and on his ass. The door was blown
off the hinges too. As he is quite an accomplished BS artist he may
have embellished this tale a bit.

Art

That's the classic technique- get a neutral flame, pop it out with yout
glove, stick the torch in a short piece of pipe and wait a few seconds,
light the torch and stick it back in. Put a rag in one end of the pipe
and it'll go surprisingly far and fast. I wouldn't stuff a rag in a pipe
that's capped on one end though..

John