Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default fuse blowing next to central heating clock - part two

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 02:45:09 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

I mentioned yesterday that my 3A fuse kept blowing, knocking out my
central heating. After looking at it a bit more closely yesterday the
central heating clock stayed on for hours while the heating was
switched off.

You didn't say what sort of time clock. If it is electronic then it
probably has a backup battery. Some mechanical clocks have a spring
backup, though these are/were not usually fitted in houses.

When I switched the heating on it worked for about an
hour before the fuse blows again. The radiators warmed up and I got
some hot water.

Is this a sign that everything is working mechanically but something
is overheating over that 1/2 hour - hour?

Probably not.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh