Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Winterizing a house

In article ,
"Buddy Matlosz" wrote:

My elderly aunt passed away recently, leaving behind a small 2BR ranch in a
retirement community.

My condolences.

The lawyer handling her affairs has asked me to
prepare the house for the winter since there's no sure way of telling how
long it will take to sell.

Translation: I'm a fat, lazy, greedy *******, and your aunt's estate is
right at the rock bottom of my priority list, and sinking. I'm going to
milk this job for at least 18 months, do about twenty minutes a month of
actual work on it, and screw you and the rest of the family for an
obscene fee. You'll be lucky if I remember to have my bitch whore
secretary pay the insurance premium before the house burns to the ground
while I'm golfing. ****, I ain't even gonna contact a realtor until at
least a year has gone by. Be patient, son, procrastinating takes time,
particularly with complex legal matters that involve me distributing
money to a grieving family.

What should I do other than shutting off the water? Location is Jersey Shore
area, and the house has electric heat.

Thanks,
Buddy

Sorry Buddy, can't answer your questions. I'm just a tad cynical based
on the four estate settlements I've been involved in.