Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Sheetrock joint compound - wrong for small holes?

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I patched a small hole (3"x3" and used that white mesh) with sheetrock
joint compounded (big bucket with a green lid) and it's still wet
after 2 days. Maybe it's due to the humid weather conditions, but
could it be that I should use some other material for patching holes
and that this is more for drywalling?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude.

Others have given you good advice, but I'll add to it my own little bent.
When I use joint compound I only apply it in very thin coats. Might take a
few days to get a repair finished, but it blends excellently (well I think
so anyway) in with the wall - no sanding. I don't use that mesh stuff for
repairs either - I find it impossible to work with. Paper tape works
perfectly well.