Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Maglite problem

In article ,
clifto wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
"Steve Barker LT" wrote:

all maglites are anodized. Unless they made something in the dark ages
that
were just painted or something.

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news I can't speak for *your* mini-mag, or that of the OP, but none of mine
are anodized there.

The anodizing, my top-posting friend, is on the *outside.* The threads
on the back cap and the contact area for the spring are *not* anodized.

That said, the contact between the end cap and body is still the worst
connection on the whole flashlight.

Not to be too pedantic, here, but could you elaborate? What's so bad
about it? The only thing I can think of is maybe some looseness in the
thread, but given the total thread area and the trivial current carrying
requirements, it seems fine. I've never had any trouble with any size of
maglite.