Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Home Air Filter Advice Please

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in
:

"Saucer Man" wrote in message
. ..
I have 3 returns in my house. I was told that I do not need an air
filter in my main unit (which is in my attic) if I have a filter in the
returns. However, when I had a filter in the main unit, I noticed it
was dirty....even though I had filters in all the returns. So
currently, I replace all 4 filters regularly. Is this ok? I use MERV
8 pleated

filters.

I want to start using MERV 10 filters. Is it okay to still use one in
the main unit?

Don't know, what type of equipment do you have?
I will say that most systems are not designed for such a restrictive
filter. Let alone, using one after another!

That's a little better tone. Try to keep improving.

Shut the **** up, asshole.