Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT[_2_] Steve Barker LT[_2_] is offline

Default House shifting off foundation

I agree, plus to have enough water pressure to move it at all, I doubt it
would stop at 3". I'll bet you'd have to have a foot or two of water up on
the wall rushing pretty quick to get it started. And it's a lot eaiser to
keep moving, than it is to start moving, so......

steve

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...
If the house was NOT on a slab, but on a regular poured concrete or
concrete block foundation, it will be impossible to drag the house back
without collapsing some of the walls, in fact I cannot believe that the
house has moved 3" on such a foundation without some damage, especially
since 2x4s would only be left with about a 1/2" purchase on the edge of
such foundation walls. Must be a troll.