Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Statistics for week ending 20070827 Where is the Spam listed ?

On Aug 28, 8:33 pm, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:
The program that is being used on SEJWelding is stealing username and domain...
Show the full header and you get a bogus header.

So be prepared here for some interesting - and ugly stuff by using our names.
Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.http://lufkinced.com/

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Martin H. Eastburn :
And not a single comment on the massive amount of spam.
You know - the Hijackers - single user single subject - hundreds of them.

Those were very carefully crafted to *not* show up in such lists
of statistics, which are designed to show posting patterns of
individuals who post multiple articles, and groupings of subjects
and threads.

It would need a very different program to gather the statistics
of the recent flood -- where our newsgroup (among many others) was
co-opted to flood sci.crypt.

After all -- it *is* a program, not an individual gathering
these statistics, you know. Yes, an individual runs the program, but he
does not retailor the program each week.

Enjoy,
DoN.

----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----- Hide quoted text -

Yeah...I see the same in other groups also...the problem has not gone
away and will likely get worse.

TMT