Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default Explosive gases

"Jon Elson" wrote: (clip) When it went off, they couldn't hear anything
for a couple hours, and blew out windows for blocks. This was all over 40
years ago. (clip)
About that same time I inflated a balloon from an acetyene torch, and set it
off in my shop with a match taped to the end of a yardstick. My ears are
still ringing (literally.) I was so impressed with what I had done, that I
did it again in my back yard for my kids to see. This time I weighted the
balloon with a rock, and used a long string to drag it toward a candle. (I
don't always make the same mistake again right away.) Neighbors came to the
windows, saying, "What was that?"