Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default House shifting off foundation

EXT wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
EXT wrote:
Is this a troll -- to have a house move 3" on a slab foundation ...

...pushed the house about 3 inches forward on the poured
concrete foundation basement. ...

It was clearly stated NOT constructed on a slab...

If the house was NOT on a slab, but on a regular poured concrete or concrete
block foundation, it will be impossible to drag the house back without
collapsing some of the walls, in fact I cannot believe that the house has
moved 3" on such a foundation without some damage, especially since 2x4s
would only be left with about a 1/2" purchase on the edge of such foundation
walls. Must be a troll.

Could be, but I've seen far more incredible things than this sounds like...