Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default How to seal and Conceal driveway cracks

On Aug 28, 5:51 pm, runsrealfast wrote:
I have a driveway with some pretty decent cracks in them. I would love
to replace the driveway and walkway (as well as making it bigger) but
that is a future project. Anyway, I need to seal those nasty cracks
before winter hits. I am in Idaho and with the cold temps and snow,
water will get into the cracks and make the driveway worse. I was
wondering what type of products are out there for us do-it-yourselfers
that aren't too expensive but might allow my driveway to survive
another winter. I'm sure that I could hire someone but I have seen the
work that some of those guys do and for the price and quality its
better financially to do it myself, even if its just a temporary
solution that will only last a year.

Thanks

John

Vinyl cement is for driveway cracks, just follow the directions on the
bag to get a good bond, it will last about 2 or 3 years if done
properly, but thats all you wanted anyway. Chisel out any already-
loose material first along with the prep outlined on the bag.