Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default Sealing SonoTube for use as an access port

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
"J.A. Michel" wrote in
:

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I want to use a SonoTube as an access port for an underground valve.
The valve will be about 4' under ground. I thought if I painted the ST
and wrapped it in plastic it would hold up much better. It won't last
a thousand years, but it should meet my needs. I'll insulate the Tube
to prevent freezing.

Any ideas on the best way to mummify my Tube?

Why not use use an actual underground valve box?
Look he http://www.doityourself.com/invt/8483505

It can be cut/modified to suit your needs. Beats a sonotube.

For some reason he needs it 4 feet underground.

I misread that, thought it was 4"! Well that makes a difference. What's it
for? A curbstop valve?
I'd use 4 or 6" PVC with a OD cleanout adapter and plug on the top end if I
needed access to a valve that deep.