Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook Wayne Cook is offline

Default was "Tow behind".switch to JD estate tractor

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:34:37 -0000, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

"Pete C." fired this volley in
:

JD builds hydraulic systems without filters???!!! My opinion of JD
just fell precipitously

Just for the record, this system does have an hydraulic fluid filter. I
didn't check the nameplate, but believe this tractor was built in 1998.
It's got boucoup hours on the Hobbs, but except for the traction drive,
still does everything else properly.

OK. That's much better IMHO. You might even be able to get parts for
it (though I wouldn't hold my breath now days).