Posted to uk.d-i-y
Unix Guru[_2_] Unix Guru[_2_] is offline

Default water softener assembly from parts?

Si wrote:
Kinetico is one of the water softener brands which are very much sold
rather than bought and have a high mark-up to suit. I chose an Atlantis
precisely because it was simply made using standard parts. I would avoid
using the drinking water kit that they give you 'free' though - the
connections on are uncommon so you're forced to use their cartridges the
price of which have gone from GBP11.75 to GBP22 in less than 3 years.

I bought a Kinetico because I liked the idea of a non-electric metered
unit with its constant supply of softened water. Had the unit been more
reliable then I would have been happy. But evidently the price commanded
by this product didn't translate into quality or reliability. I'll never
buy a Kinetico again.