Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Sealing SonoTube for use as an access port

On Aug 27, 6:55 pm, "Bill Stock" wrote:
I want to use a SonoTube as an access port for an underground valve. The
valve will be about 4' under ground. I thought if I painted the ST and
wrapped it in plastic it would hold up much better. It won't last a thousand
years, but it should meet my needs. I'll insulate the Tube to prevent
freezing.

Any ideas on the best way to mummify my Tube?

As others have suggested, use plastic pipe. I used ABS though as it
has a much thicker wall and I think it is more sun resistant. It has
been in place now for around 20 years. A 5 or 6 ft section of even
large bore diameter will not be a high cost item.

Harry K