Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default First In My Cliche Series

Hi Charlie, Not only fine work, but your Cliche Series is also a great
idea. We want more! I once turned a flat, boring, dull platter and
named it "platitude" and I thought about trying to turn some net icons,
but I didn't get a 'roundtuit'.

I'm 'pleased and proud' that you 'stepped up to the plate' with
'thinking outside the box'. I know turning those Dropplets didn't go
'smooth as silk' and the 'few and far between' ones that were 'tough as
rawhide' and 'hard as 'whitleather' must have been a 'pain in the neck'.
I don't know a pun from a cliche or a 'hawk from a handbasket', but
since it's 'clear as mud' that 'the devil is in the details' please 'let
me off the hook' and 'live and let live'.

I can see by 'the light at the end of the tunnel' that these 'off the
cuff' and 'over the top' suggestions for adding to your Cliche Series
aren't 'top drawer'. 'Suffice it to say' I'll 'pick up the pieces' and
'see who salutes'. These are 'offered for your corrections and
additions' :

"Flat as a pancake"

"Tooth & nail"

"can of corn"

"parting of the ways"

"straight & narrow"

"better half"

"attached hereto"

"last straw"

"golden parachute"

***********************************
........and just maybe:
"Turn to safety"

I didn't 'have it in mind' to 'assume the mantle' of 'a pain in the
butt' by 'highjacking your thread'. It's only meant to be 'tongue in
cheek', not 'chiselled in stone'. 'That said', It's all 'in the eye of
the beholder'. anyway.

I 'march to a different drummer' and after this post, I'll be 'drummed
out' of rcw and forced to 'leave the building'. knowatimsain?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter