Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Q - How to cut a 1" Deep Rabbet

If I understand correctly, you are cutting a 1/2" X 1" rabbet along the edge
of your 2" pieces; I would use a regular blade and cut in 2 passes. Use
featherboards or guide blocks clamped to the table and to the fence ito
keep the stock aligned as you make the cut. It will help with
consistency of the width and depth of the rabbet, though with the
length being only 36" it should not be too difficult a job.

plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)