Derek F

Default Non-BG boiler service plans?

"Reestit Mutton" wrote in message
Hi,

As it's coming up to winter my partner is concerned about the health of
our 2 year old boiler and CH system. It already looks as if it's leaking
slowly as it seems to need topping up on a monthly basis.

She wants to go onto the Scottish Gas 3 star plan but I have grave
reservations about this as I seem to recall them being "best of friends"
with Watchdog a number of years ago. Unsurprisingly, a quick search on
the internet and in the google archives has uncovered a litany of
complaints against them.

However, if I am to persuade my partner not to just go straight to BG
for our servicing needs I need to come up with alternatives. Can anyone
recommend any reasonable alternative service plans?

Also...what questions should we be asking of prospective service
companies prior to signing on the dotted line?

cheers,
RM

Does your boiler manufacturer not have an extended service agreement. Our
new Ariston boiler came with a two year makers guarantee that could be
topped up to five years for £195 for labour and parts via Domestic &
General.
After doing extensive research on repair costs when our old boiler was on
it's last legs the best company was Contract Heating (0131-467-7875) as they
have a fixed repair charge no matter how long the job takes rather than an
hourly rate. They have costed it on the basis that they will do most repairs
in twenty minutes.
Derek.