Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus14352 Ignoramus14352 is offline

Default Explosive gases

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:21:41 -0500, DT wrote:

I have filled 30gal trashbags with acet+ox, most impressive explosion
with no 'containment' around it. It seems like it would be a bit much-
you'll get much more than a little dirt geyser, you'll likely get a
trench.

A guy was killed in our neighborhood about ten years ago doing just that. He
was placing the bags inside a garbage can and filling them before lighting them
off. One when off from static spark while he was leaning over to fill it and it
took him out.

Sounds like a fun neighborhood.