Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogga Mogga is offline

Default Tennis court construction - any good information on web?

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:16:18 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
We're tentatively thinking about building (is that the right word?)

tennis court. The previous owners of our house have already

levelled a
piece of ground and laid a course of bricks round the levelled area.
There are also holes for the corner posts for the fencing.

The fencing etc. seems to me fairly striaghtforward but I haven't
really got a clue about what's needed for foundations and court
surface. Our land is *very* sandy so effectively we have a sand

base
already made.

Are there any web sites around which could be helpful in deciding
whether this is a sensible DIY thing to do, what's involved and any
companies which might be helpful in doing some parts of the work.

We're in Suffolk if it's relevant.

--
Chris Green

Rather depends I would have thought on what surface you are aiming
for. If a grass court, then you need a well drained plot with a very
tough grass seed. If tarmac, then I don't see how it differs from any
other tarmaced surface (see paving expert .com) If clay then I haven't
a clue !

AWEM

I was doing a search for costs recently and found some useful info on
one companies website that went on about how important the base was
and that it's very complicated. Of course they might just be trying to
sell their services.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free