Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Tennis court construction - any good information on web?

We're tentatively thinking about building (is that the right word?) a
tennis court. The previous owners of our house have already levelled a
piece of ground and laid a course of bricks round the levelled area.
There are also holes for the corner posts for the fencing.

The fencing etc. seems to me fairly striaghtforward but I haven't
really got a clue about what's needed for foundations and court
surface. Our land is *very* sandy so effectively we have a sand base
already made.

Are there any web sites around which could be helpful in deciding
whether this is a sensible DIY thing to do, what's involved and any
companies which might be helpful in doing some parts of the work.

We're in Suffolk if it's relevant.

--
Chris Green