Posted to alt.home.repair
Telstra Telstra is offline

Default Seeking Suggestions/Tips before covering up the central A/C for the season.

Your finned coil Evaporator and condenser are expensive
components which can be damaged if cleaned with the
wrong chemicals. Use a good commercial coil cleaner.
Try AM Resupply ( Calgary - Edmonton ) Toll Free No
800-387 3131
"Holy Moses" wrote in message
I guess I'll be opening up the panels and get any debris or dust that
may have accumulated in the fins, but besides that, are there other
procedures I should perform before I cover up the central A/C until
next summer?

Yes, it's already getting chilly here in Edmonton, Alberta. There's
even a frost warning out for overnight. So, I figure using the A/C
won't be necessary until next summer.

Oh, and another thing, someone in another forum recommended that I
rinse the coils with some boraic acid solution, then muratic solution
and anybody know where I might be able to find some? Thanks.