Posted to rec.woodworking
Virgle Virgle is offline

Default Lumber Purchase

"B A R R Y"
Check out the ref:

http://www.bafra.org/images/signal10.gif

Barry you have correct.

Hanging on the office wall was a few sections of trees showing the growth
rings. A cyprus section taken at 20 feet on the tree dated at 1212.
During Jefferson's days we had a cold summer and it snowed in July. This was
pointed out to me in the growth rings. Kind of neat.
The cyprus was 795 years old.
The mill was a family business and some of the family were getting up in age
and didn't want to spend the money to update the mill.
The mill was located on a lake and had some polution problems.

I live out in the country. A city fellow bought a house near me that had a
16 X 30 foot horse barn with a dirt floor. He didn't want the building
because his tools got dusty so he gave it away. I spent a week getting it up
on cribs then had my farmer neighbor bring in his 30 foot trailor and tow it
to my place. Cost : I lost a lot of sweat and gave the farmer $100.00 plus I
had to repaint.
Nice building completely enclosed with solid pine boards and siding on top
of that.

Virgle