Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Say goodbuy to home shops

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:03:41 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Peter" quickly quoth:

In England it has even been mooted that the ownership of
lathes might be subject to police approval because of
their use to bore out the barrels of illegal guns.

What I don't understand is why the ownership of
kitchen knives is not also so subject?

It IS! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm

And swords, meat cleavers, axes, and machetes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...st/4788881.stm

And now GLASSES in pubs!
http://my.opera.com/whoisjohngalt/blog/show.dml/282061

UKers must feel SOOO SAFE nowadays...

--

According to our strength of character and our clarity of vision, we will
endure, we will succeed, we will have contributed something to make life