Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Popcorn patch tube

I bought a tube, may have been made by Dap, and it had a sponge applicator
at one end. It worked well for medium size holes I fixed (about 6 inches
wide). But obviously the texture are your ceiling might look different and
it might not work for you.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does that patch for popcorn ceilings that comes in a tube work well?

I have a about a 2 foot square area at the apex of my 15 foot high
cathedral ceiling, surrounding a vent. The popcorn keeps flaking away,
maybe because of moisture from the vent? I'd hate to have to repaint
the whole ceiling, since it's quite big. Also, I wonder if I should
rent a scaffold or a big ladder to do the job.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Greg