Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Say goodbuy to home shops

On Aug 27, 9:27 pm, "Mike Henry" wrote:
"azotic" wrote in message

The article in the link is of concern to anyone with a home shop. If
you have a neighbor thats a pain in the ass now just wait till he has the
power he so desires to run your life with the full force of the law
to back him up.

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs....070827/NEWS01/...

Best Regards
Tom.

Was there something specific in that article about home shops? If so I
missed it.

We live in a townhome in a pretty nice area and I've had zero complaints
from neighbors on any of the tools in use in my home shop, including a
medium-sized CNC mill that can make a bit of noise late evenings. The HOA
pays for outside maintenance which leaves me more time in the shop - seems
like a fair trade to me.

Mike

I think it is a fair trade also...if that were all that would
happen...much more could.

Depending on how the HOA is written up, they can control much of what
you do within your walls.

And most HOAs are written so that if you ignore them, they can in the
end evict you and seize your townhouse.

TMT