Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Half-Nutz Half-Nutz is offline

Default Say goodbuy to home shops

On Aug 27, 8:14 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Aug 27, 7:49 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Aug 27, 7:33 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Aug 27, 5:38 pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:42:29 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"azotic" quickly quoth:

The article in the link is of concern to anyone with a home shop. If
you have a neighbor thats a pain in the ass now just wait till he has the
power he so desires to run your life with the full force of the law
to back him up.

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs....070827/NEWS01/...

I can take one look at that ******* and know he wants something I
don't in a neighborhood. Egad, what's this country coming to?
Socialized color schemes and coordinated lawn colors aren't far off,
are they?

--

According to our strength of character and our clarity of vision, we will
endure, we will succeed, we will have contributed something to make life
Egad, what's this country coming to?
Socialized color schemes and coordinated lawn colors aren't far off,
are they?

LOL...I know of neighborhoods where that is the REQUIRED norm.

Ignore their rules at your own risk....they have the power to
foreclose on your home...and they do.

And I also don't live there...and NEVER will.

TMT- Hide quoted text -

"pocket-Nazi's."

I like that term....and I have known a few also.

Always a PITA to live next to....and they are ALWAYS worrying about
their neighbor's business.

They are the kiss of death to a HSMer.

TMT- Hide quoted text -

One of the readers had a good point...

"As someone who is/was planning to move to Ft.Collins in the near
future, I am very concerned that could even be considered. I would
look specifically for homes without HOA's.

I know HOA are popular; many people really believe that HOA improve
thier future property value. I believe that by giving away some of
these rights in the Property ownership you will in fact,decrease the
value of the Property.

I totaly agree with Harold
If HOAa are so wonderful, why do real estate ads scream NO HOA when
advertising a non HOA home for sale? Do you ever see a real estate ad
even mentioning that the home is in an HOA?"

A very good point...I have seen ads that mention "NO HOA" but none
that advertise it as a selling point.

Now the other viewpoint is that a HSM could get on the board and
require each home to have a fully equiped shop....then one would have
someone to borrow tools from. ;)

TMT

Unless you are selling, or financing Past your ability to support, WHY
would you want you property values to rise?
It is just another form of tax increase.