Posted to alt.home.repair
samster samster is offline

Default toilet main shut off valve does not work

wow ... i have the worst luck on Earth

there are two toilet water shut off valves. the one underneat the tank
and the one that cuts off water for the entire apt

NEITHER WORK!!!

the one underneath the tank drips and shoots out a thin stream of water
when I disconnect the hose (after turning it to the right completely)

the main shut off valve is turned off but i can get water out of my
bathroom cold water sink ... which wasnt the case before.

called the HOA they say its my problem ... called a plumber and they
say the valve maybe broken and may need repairing. I can schedule an
appt tommorow because its not an emergency (which would entail paying
time and a half)

anyone ever had both VALVES not work?