Posted to alt.home.repair
H H is offline

Default Baseboard mounting

Proper installation of the baseboard also involves caulking...and subsequent
repainting...which I would rather do before the carpet goes in.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 27 Aug, 15:46, "H" wrote:
I want to get the room painted before the carpet goes in.

"willshak" wrote in message

on 8/27/2007 3:24 PM H said the following:
I am about to put in new baseboard around my basement walls. The
floor
will be carpeted. I seem to recall, though I cannot recall where, I
have
seen the baseboard mounted 1/4" above floor level, rather than flush
with
the floor.

Is that correct, or should I just make it flush with the floor?

Thanks!

Why not wait until the carpet is installed?
It will be easier for the carpet installers.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

- I want to get the room painted before the carpet goes in.

Prime and paint the baseboard on some sawhorses before the carpet goes
down. Install it after the carpet goes in, then just touch up the nail
holes.

Odds are you going to have to touch up the baseboard anyway. The
installers are bound scuff it up in a few spots, especially if the
paint is fairly fresh.