Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin'  Man is offline

Default Maglite problem

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:19:46 -0700, "SteveB" wrote:

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
.. .

Had a little Mini-Mag 2AA for years. Worked OK. Lite got dim, changed
batteries, still dim. Bulb looked burned, replaced bulb. Tried and
tested different batteries. Cleaned contacts at base/end of unit.

Damned thang won't lite. Bulb OK, batteries OK, unit has not been abused.

Any ideas?

If you find out, let me know. I got one just like it. One of these days,
I'll completely disassemble it, and find out.

I've been thru everything but the switch which requires a special tool ...

I think that some electrical
goop on the threads helps to counteract the oxidation. Maybe even a little
brushing with a small wire brush. I mean there's only a few parts in there.

I brushed, I lubed, etc etc.

The gal at Mag svc. (800 283 5562) promised a new switch/tool, maybe 2 weeks,
no cost, didn't ask about warranty info. I dunno what else it could be.

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller