Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Flansburg Paul Flansburg is offline

Default Baseboard mounting

On Aug 27, 3:24 pm, "H" wrote:
I am about to put in new baseboard around my basement walls. The floor will
be carpeted. I seem to recall, though I cannot recall where, I have seen
the baseboard mounted 1/4" above floor level, rather than flush with the
floor.

Is that correct, or should I just make it flush with the floor?

Thanks!

I'd keep it up about 1/4" or so. Remember that you need to put your
finish floor down and that your base boards work on convertion. You
need air flow from the bottom of the base board over your elements.

-paul