Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower Drip

wrote in message

The plumber told me it's a big job and the whole unit needs to be
replaced which means opening the wall from the back.

He is a theif. Never call him agian.

Shouldn't this just be a matter of replacing a cartridge or something?

Yes, there are kits at any hardware store to fix them. The shower handle
setup is very similar to th e fa ucets on the sinks. Two prings and two
rubber cups.

FWIW, I had to replace my shower faucet as it was un-repiarable. I made the
hole in the wall that was to the left of the sink. I have yet to paint it
as it was easy to just hang a mirror over it.