Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Craigslist

A friend of mine had posted a free ad to get rid of a bunch of his kids baby
toys that had become clutter. He got an e-mail from a woman scolding him
for not donating them to a women's shelter. He fired her back an e-mail
suggesting that if that was a cause near to her that she was welcome to pick
up the stuff and donate it to any charity that she felt was worthy.

About 2 hours later she sent another scolding asking him why he had not
taken down the free ad yet. He then did a google search on her e-mail
address and found out that she was a real-estate agent listing high end
homes. He sent her an email via one of her web pages and offered to deliver
all of the toys his son had grown out of if she was willing to convert the
property into a home for battered women and unwed mothers.

For some reason the badgering about his giving away free stuff stopped.

--
Roger Shoaf

If knowledge is power, and power corrupts, what does this say about the
Congress?

"Gunner" wrote in message
In my continuing effort to clean out the Stacks O Stuff, I
occasionally put things on Craigslist.

I posted a set of 4 tires and rims for pre 1966 VWs..the open center
type. $50 for a set of 4, just to seperate the wheat from the chaff.
Good tires and wheels.

Guy emails me, wants photos. So I sent em to him.

He apparently lives over in Bakersfield, a 32 mile drive.

He then asks if I can deliver them. Free.

I say my wife is over there a couple times a week, but he is sure
asking a lot for $50.

He emails back all ****y, that it costs him $50 to drive the 64 mile
round trip, and the tires and rims arent worth $100 to him.

So I email him back and tell him that its a bit much asking my
handicapped wife to load two tires in her car, deliver them, then make
a return trip with two more, all for free.

But since I want them gone and he was willing to spend $50 on them,
Ill give them to him free, no charge, gratis if he drives over and
picks them up, as I dont often see too many vehicles that get 3 miles
per gallon on the hiway and it would be fun to look at.

Ive not heard from the ****er yet.

Geeze..some peoples kids.....
Hummm...sounds like a couple folks here who have been offered free
machines in good working condition who wanted em delivered several
hundred miles away.....

Gunner