Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Finnigan Simon Finnigan is offline

Default Sealing a shower cubicle quickly

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Simon Finnigan wrote:
Hi all,
If one has to seal a few gaps in a shower cubicle that at the moment
has a small water leak running into it, what`s the quickest curing
sealant? It is possible to divert the leak for a while, but
obviously even doing this there is still a requirement to be able to
use the cubicle within about 24 hours maximum for a shower before
work. Ideally I`m looking for something that can be easily applied,
and after a few hours would be able to continue curing even if it is
continuously wet. Failing this, something that can handle being
allowed to get wet a couple of times during its curing period would
do - although the quicker the curing period the better. Any
particular brand names to look out for (I`m in the UK) or types to
bear in mind would be greatly appreciated!
Fixing the leak is, at the moment, not a possibility (it will be done
in a month or two, but the cubicle needs resealing before then).

I've used this before and found it works a treat
https://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat...44322&id=63004

Hi Dave,
thanks for the tip. Fingers crossed I`ve managed a bodge to keep it dry
long enough for the stuff i`ve got to dry. if not I`l be checking that
stuff out - is it deffinately suited for use indoors (with the appropriate
precautions taken).

Thanks!