Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default toilet: i am about to replace the wax ring

On Aug 26, 10:18 pm, samster wrote:
toilet i installed two years ago ... all was well until recently when I
noticed some water seeping out underneath.

I am thinking its gotta be the wax ring from the toilet being moved around
a little.

i have VOWED that when I work on it tommorow I am going to use a waxless
ring (i bought one on home depot a long time ago but never installed it
and have been kicking myself since)

anyone have experiences installing the waxless rings?

Yes, and I'll never go back to the wax type. Mine was the plastic one
with the flexible flanges by Fernco. If yours is that old, I would
toss it and get a new one, they are only a few bucks and you don't
want that adhesive to fail..

Harry K