Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Rolling cabinet for my planar

Matt,

What kind of planer? I have a DeWalt, and all the weight is on the four
corners. The dimensions of the stand I built for it were pretty darn close
to the footprint of the planer, therefore, each foot was already directly
over the vertical members (and the wheels). If this is your setup, don't
worry about center support. There won't be any weight over the center.
I've planed 7'x7"x16/4 white maple with no problem and those planks were
*heavy*.

jc

"Matt" wrote in message
ps.com...
Going to build a rolling cabinet for my planar (approximately 2' x
3'). I was thinking about whether or not I need a vertical member
centered in the middle of the cabinet to support the weight of the
machine. Any suggestions? I dont see a way around it. If I do add this
support, I was thinking about adding several drawers to the top
section, and two cabinet doors to the lower half. Any of you have an
outfeed table? What are you fellas storing is this cabinet?

Matt