Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Help identify a connector

On Aug 25, 3:42 pm, Richard J Kinch wrote:
Can anyone help identify this electronics connector?

Everett Charles makes this type of spring-loaded contact. Try this:
http://www.ectinfo.com/en/search/def...chterm=bip%2D1

The small rounded tip retracts into the body and the largest diameter
locates the array of contacts in the molded plastic housing. That
particular one is long enough to solder to a single-sided 0.062" thick
PC board. You might be able to retain it in unclad board with a
soldered loop of fine solid wire.

It connects to the SMBus on a Zoll defibrillator battery pack. I have
only assembled boards and can't measure the hole diameter, but
generally when I make prototypes I try for a light press fit in
unplated holes.

Jim Wilkins