Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Have I ruined my slate floor?

On 2007-08-27 13:40:58 +0100, Mike Barnes said:
I've
seen lots of ceramic tiles that are supposed to look like limestone, but
they have nothing like the class of the real thing.

For me the point of irritation is being able to see the screen printing
on the fake tiles.

Maintenance-wise the slate is very good except for a white stain caused
by a dripping TRV. One of these days I'll get round to finding out how
to get rid of the stains, but not before I've replaced the TRV :-).

Try this in order....

A wipe with a solution of Lithofin Wexa - about 20:1. It's a good
cleaner and you don't need to mix up very much - maybe a litre of
solution for quite a large area.

If that doesn't work then go for a scrub with some brick acid. Not
near the limestone of course.
That should move it. Then rinse thoroughly and go for the Wexa.
Rinse again and lightly polish.