Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA JANA is offline

Default Sony KV-35V45 CRT Short, i'm clueless now..

I would not go near an old set like that even if I got it for free! Over
here with our new pollution and environment laws, it can cost $100+ to get
rid of an old TV set! If you buy it, you will be doing the man a favour.
The $100 can be a nice deposit for a discent LCD TV that comes with a
warranty, and it will give you a number of years of good service and
enjoyment!

--

JANA
_____

"cheebster" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 26 août, 18:49, "James Sweet" wrote:
"cheebster" wrote in message

oups.com...

Oh well, you was right. I didn't check well it seems the first time. I
can SEE one of the 2 filament pins at the very end of the tube where
the pins are, the metal there is broken and disconnected. No
continuity there anymore. I've broken the heater connection. Time for
junk i guess ! That's a sealed part, is it ? Thanks.

Yep, the entire CRT is one piece of glass with a hard vacuum in it. Those
35" Trinitron tubes are notorious for failing, the 27s are much more
dependable.

James, i'm looking in the ads here for used tv's, and some folk sells
a 27 incher XBR sony, dating 1997 (mine was 1996). He's asking 100$
canadian bucks for it. Is it a good buy, less chances that one would
fail like the 35 inch one ? I could do a clean/balance on it using my
rejuvenator even to give it a cleaner picture, was wondering if it was
a good idea also. Would appreciate any input, thanks again !