Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh William R. Walsh is offline

Default Sony KV-35V45 CRT Short, i'm clueless now..

Hi!

some folk sells a 27 incher XBR sony, dating 1997 (mine was 1996). He's
asking 100$ canadian bucks for it. Is it a good buy, less chances that one
would fail like the 35 inch one ?

See the set in person and running before you make any committment to buying
it. Ask if the seller will accept an offer on it. To me, $100 is a bit hard
to justify spending on a ten year old TV...even if it is a Sony. Try to find
out how much it has been watched--a set that wasn't watched excessively or
left on for all hours of the day and night would be better than one which
was used heavily.

If the picture is good, I'd be inclined to leave the tube alone and not play
with it too much. I seem to remember hearing that CRT rejuvenators are hard
on picture tubes.

William