Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Radio prop

"Mekon" wrote in message
. ..
Once again five days before we open a director tells me that we need a
prop made. This time it was a 40s style radio. I knocked this one up in
an hour or so, which is what was required as in the last few days
before a production opens the jobs list gets longer and tempers become
frayed.

Fine furniture it aint but if you remember that the audience will only
see it from 15 meters away and side on, you'll see that it will do the
trick. If the audience spends more than a moment noticing the radio the
production will have bigger problems than a dodgy looking radio.

Front and back are 15 mm ply, sides and top are kerfed scrap structural
3mm ply. The speaker insert is the same 3mm ply cut out on a scroll
saw. No plans, no design, just cut up and nailed (gasp) together.
Finished with a stain/varnish combo, kerfs filled with woodfiller.

Well, how well does the radio play?

;-)