Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

Default New grass planted by road crew

Hello all. My city just put in a sidewalk at the corner of my road
and when construction was finished, they planted grass, I'm assuming
rye grass from all I've been told. It's on a steep hill, and they
covered the seed with hay, and now 2 weeks later the grass is growing
strong. My property is included on this corner, and the last couple
of times I've mowed the grass I left that be. How long should I let
it grow before mowing it, and what do I do about the hay? Do I rake
it? Will that pull out juvenile grass roots?

Thanks all. I have to admit I was worried because this was the first
year I hired a lawn company to take care of my weeds, and I was
afraid that after the work done and grass planted, that this would
introduce new weeds, and I've paid a lot to get rid of them.

--
Cheryl