Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe Jones Moe Jones is offline

Default new furnace

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"cj" wrote in message
greetings, i am planning on installing a new furnace with a/c soon
and a co-worker told me that you can hang a furnace from the floor
joyces(sp?), mounted sideways. (we have flooding issues)..is this
true? are all brands of furnaces capable of being installed this way?
thanks, cj

JOISTS is what they are.

There are air handling units that can be mounted off the floor. Talk
to a good installer for recommendations of what may suit your needs.

When you mount a air handler from the joists, you can get rid of vibration
noise and if you use the right hardware it will even be better. Again talk
to your HVAC company.

What I found by mounting it from the joists, you have a better drainage of
the condensate water.

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician