Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Graham Graham is offline

Default Tektronix 2445, No EHT , oscillator board 'failed' common ?

On Aug 27, 12:17 am, Jim Yanik wrote:
Graham wrote groups.com:

Found one fault, that was the soldered joint , center pin of the
switching transistor had failed , re made that and the oscillator
started running

Supply current 1.3 Amps , test wavefoem voltages all low , approx
50 % , sine waves clipped.

Tried disconnecting tube anode connector after running, tube produced
about 4 mm spark to earth.

Removed , two , connections from tags , rear of transformer to 'eht'
module ,

Supply current reduced to 450 mA . waveforms 'ok' re-connected
'upper' lead, (near qty 6 trim pots) slight increase supply current .
waveform's 'ok'

Re-connected 'lower' connection , supply current increrased to 1.3
Amps , wave forms low.

Not sure if lower connection is the anode or cathode (no pin numbers)
voltage source, either way, it looks like the 'eht block' has
failed ....

... who would have one of those ?

Tnx

Graham ..- Hide quoted text -

Part number from manual

A9 VR 1830

152-0805-00

MF CODE 80009

HV MULT 20KV

Tnx - G ..

http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/tek-parts/tekparts5.html

they have a used "as-is" one for $55 USD.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Ok Thanks for the link Jim,

Ive asked for a shipping price to the UK .. thought I had found the
problem when I spotted the failed solder joint on the center pin of
the transister !

scope did have a odd fault , now and agen, at low trace speeds it
looked as if it was being Z moded by a pulse gen .. must of been the
joint arcing .. luckly the telequipment s54a keeps working !

G ..