Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Pioneer VSX-D710S receiver help ‹ no sound

"thePfef" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 23:51:13 +0000, thePfef wrote:

When you say things like "I'm not too technical" and "I have no idea what
I'm looking for" the only advice possible is to take it to a service
facility that has people who are very technical and know what to look
for.

Well, I do solder my pinball machine and swap drives/cards/RAM in and
out of my computer, but I was definitely trying to dumb down my question
since this is out of my skill set. I wasn't sure if there was a solution
to this issue that would simply involve swapping out a board. *That* I
can handle.

Any ideas what something like this would cost at a technician? Would it
just be cheaper to get a new receiver?

Thanks again,

Josh

It shouldn't take someone who is properly qualified in repairing this type
of equipment, long to give a valid opinion as to what is wrong with it, so
if you are going to take it to be looked at, pick a place that does do
repairs to AV amps. Pioneer is one of the better makes, and in general,
their equipment is fairly well behaved when it comes to diagnosing and
repairing faults. In my opinion, it would certainly be worth the expense of
getting a proper quote to repair it. What pinball do you have ? I have a
fully restored Williams Cosmic Gunfight from 1982.

Arfa