Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Trailer Questions

"Jerry Martes" wrote

Are you are asking about trailer design because you are thinking about
building a trailer with the axels separated by an appreciable percentage
of their width? If so, research "ackerman".
The front wheels of a two axel trailer need to *toe out* while turning to
avoid scraping or scrubbing. That can get complicated and is a good
reason to use only 1 axel on a trailer.

Jerry

Nah. I've just seen a lot of these over the years, and figured they were
the best way to go for that trailer. I would imagine this trailer would be
slow speed tow, and wheels spread out so that it could be dropped off in a
meadow with little leveling. I have seen the insides of the old ones, and
they are about as spartan as you can get. Two bunks, a table, and a small
stove. I want to see the insides of the new metal ones.

Steve